Strong San Diego Youth is Athletic Initiative's after school program curriculum. We aspire to implement our program in San Diego county using partnerships with San Diego Park and Rec and local schools. Strong San Diego Youth includes mentoring and gang counseling, tutoring and homework help, athletic skill building and teamwork emphasis. Our vision for the Strong San Diego Youth program is to positively impact the lives of youth that live in our most volatile areas within primarily East and Southeast San Diego.
- 20:1 student to coach ratio
- Curriculum based on California PE standards
Our after school programs implement eight keys to help foster quality youth development according to CASPA guidelines:
1. youth feel physically and emotionally safe;
2. youth experience belonging and ownership;
3. youth develop self-worth;
4. youth discover self;
5. youth develop quality relationships with peers and adults;
6. youth discuss conflicting values and form their own;
7. youth feel the pride and accountability that comes with mastery;
8. youth expand their capacity to enjoy life and know that success is possible.